Gal Gadot doesn’t want to work with Ratner on another ‘Wonder Woman’

Original Article

A month after canceling to appear at a dinner to honor Brett Ratner, Gal Gadot still has a lot to say about the famed director and the accusations mounting against him.

Now, Gal says she won’t reprise her role for future “Wonder Woman” movies unless Brett Ratner is not involved, reports Page Six. Brett Ratner’s production company produced the film in conjunction with Warner Brothers.

“Wonder Woman” has already brought in over $400 million. But if Gal Gadot has anything to say about it, the producer won’t see another dime.

Brett made a lot of money from the success of ‘Wonder Woman,’ thanks to his company having helped finance the first movie,” a WB insider said.

“Now Gadot is saying she won’t sign for the sequel unless Warner Bros. buys Brett out [of his financing deal] and gets rid of him. She also knows that Warner Bros. has to side with her on this issue as it develops. They can’t have a movie rooted in women’s empowerment being part-financed by a man ­accused of sexual misconduct against women.”

When news first broke against Brett Ratner, Gal immediately took to Instagram to post a statement.

Earlier in the week, Warner Brothers ended their working relationship with Brett Ratner after multiple women came forward accusing the director of sexual harassment — including women like Olivia Munn and Ellen Page.

We’ll see if this wonder woman really can make a difference in Hollywood!

Disneyland visitors among 12 cases of Legionnaires’ disease in Anaheim

Original Article

Orange County health experts are investigating 12 cases of Legionnaires’ disease among people who live in or visited the Anaheim area in September. Eight of the cases involve people visiting Disneyland and one person worked at the park.

One person, who had not visited Disneyland, has died, officials said Friday.

A Disneyland official said the resort voluntarily shut down two cooling towers in a backstage area of the theme park after it found the towers had elevated levels of a bacteria that causes Legionnaires’ disease.

Jessica Good, a spokeswoman for the Orange County Health Care Agency, said in an email Friday night the agency found 12 people, ages 52 to 94,  were diagnosed with Legionnaires’ disease, a type of airborne disease that causes a severe form of pneumonia to most people 50 years or older or with a weak immune system.

One of those diagnosed was a cast member but where they worked at the park was not disclosed.

Of the 12, 10 have been hospitalized, and one person died. The person who died was described as having additional health problems and did not visit the theme park, Good said.

The health care agency is investigating all the cases, but has not yet identified a common exposure source for all of them, she said.

The illness, also known as legionellosis, is an infection with symptoms of serious pneumonia and can be deadly if not treated.

Legionnaires’ disease usually results from inhaling microscopic water droplets in mist or vapor. The bacterium Legionella living in freshwater rarely causes infections, but indoors it can multiply in water systems such as hot tubs and air conditioners, according to the Mayo Clinic.

It is not spread through person-to-person contact.

In a statement, Dr. Pamela Hymel, chief medical officer for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, said Disney was informed Oct. 27 by the county agency of Disneyland’s possible role in the  Legionnaires’ disease cases in Anaheim.

“We conducted a review and learned that two cooling towers had elevated levels of Legionella bacteria,” Hymel said in the statement. “These towers were treated with chemicals that destroy the bacteria and are currently shut down.”

Hymel added that Disney has worked with the county health care agency and that “there is no longer any known risk associated with our facilities.”

“(Disney) reported having performed subsequent testing and disinfection and brought the towers back into service (Sunday),” Good said.

While the towers, in a backstage area behind the New Orleans Square train station, were initially cleared, Disney on its own took them back out of service on Tuesday. Disney is working with health officials on the status of the towers.

Good said there have been no additional Legionella cases after September and no known ongoing risk associated with this outbreak.

In May, a community pool and spa in Foothill Ranch in South Orange County was closed after two cases of Legionnaires’ disease were reported. The disease sent two people to the hospital

Thousands sign petition to ban child sex dolls

(KUTV) A petition on Change.org is calling to ban child sex dolls, which are lifelike, anatomically correct, and designed to simulate sex with a child.

The petition has received over 88,500 signatures, and has even been noticed by Salt Lake City Councilwoman Erin Mendenhall.

According to the petition, these dolls are currently “perfectly legal” to import.

“British police have seized more than 100 already in the UK, and authorities have found that the people buying them usually have child pornography too,” the petition says.

The petition states, “These child sex dolls can normalize a pedophile’s behaviors, emboldening them to harm children, as is often the case with those who view child pornography.”

“According to the CDC, 1 in 5 children are sexually abused. One child is too many,” the petition says. “Our elected officials need to protect children. That’s why Congressman Dan Donovan from New York is introducing legislation that will ban the distribution and sale of dolls that encourage child abuse.

New York Congressman Dan Donovan (R-Staten Island/Brooklyn) has said that he believes the dolls reinforce pedophilic behavior.

Some have suggested that pedophiles who use the dolls will be less likely to commit crimes.

Donovan is adamantly opposed to this view. “It doesn’t satisfy urges,” he says. “This is just a stepping stone.

In August Donovan unveiled a plan to “prevent the exploitation of innocent children.”

Seeing a scary new proliferation of child sex dolls makes it so important for our laws to evolve,” the Congressman said.

As of yet the Congressman doesn’t have any other supporters of the bill, but said, “I don’t think we’ll have a hard time finding cosponsors.”

You can sign the petition by clicking here.

Mila Kunis trolls Vice President Pence, and now people are ‘boycotting’ Jim Beam

Original Article

Corrections & Clarifications: An earlier version of this story included three tweets suspected to have been sent by political bots. The tweets have been replaced.

What has the world come to when even bourbon gets caught up in politics?

(Actually, don’t answer that.)

Over the weekend, bourbon brand Jim Beam got dragged into the fight over women’s rights after its spokeswoman, actress Mila Kunis, revealed that she’s been sending monthly donations to Planned Parenthood in Vice President Mike Pence’s name.

See, Kunis doesn’t agree with Pence’s non-wavering stance against abortion rights.

And as a guest on TBS’s “Conan,” she told host Conan O’Brien that she chose to voice her disagreement by adding his name to a list of reoccurring donations made to the women’s health care provider.

“I don’t look at it as a prank, I look at it just as, I strongly disagree [with him], and this is my little way of showing it,” Kunis said, according to The Hill.

Pence supporters and abortion opponents did not take kindly to Kunis’s shenanigans.

And they made their disagreements known by starting a #BoycottBeam campaign on Twitter.

It’s safe to say that Jim Beam, which is currently filling 500,000 barrels per year, will not be affected by the boycott (if anyone even holds true to their hashtag).

Gov. Matt Bevin, who is also pro-life, has not weighed in on #BoycottBeam. But that may be because he’s better prepared to drop Kardashian references than Kunis bombs.

Moore’s brother denies charges, compares persecution to Jesus

Original Article

(CNN)Roy Moore’s brother is defending the GOP Senate candidate “to the hilt” amid the escalating controversy over allegations of sexual misconduct against him, according to CNN correspondent Martin Savidge, who spoke to the brother on the phone.

Jerry Moore firmly denied the allegations against his brother and drew an analogy between his situation and the persecution of Jesus Christ, Savidge reported Friday in an interview with CNN’s John Berman.

Savidge spoke to Jerry Moore on Friday morning, one day after an explosive Washinton Post report detailed allegations that the Republican Senate candidate from Alabama pursued sexual relationships with several teens when they were between the ages of 14 and 18 and he was in his thirties, including an alleged sexual encounter with the 14-year-old, who would not have been at the age of legal consent under Alabama law.

Jerry Moore said, “he knows … that the allegations against Roy Moore are not true, not true at all,” Savidge reported. The younger Moore also said “he’s very concerned about what the impact is going to be on their 91-year-old mother, hearing all of this, they worry about her age and health,” Savidge said.

Moore also claimed that the Democratic Party was behind what he called “false allegations,” and that “these women are going to, as [Moore] put it, have to answer to God for these false allegations,” Savidge said.

“When I asked what does he believe the motivation is with these women coming forward making the accusations they have, again, Jerry Moore says it’s money and the Democratic Party, implying that they are doing this because they’re being paid in some way, and it is for the purpose of derailing or interrupting this campaign,” Savidge said.

Moore went so far as to say “that his brother is being persecuted, in his own words, like Jesus Christ was,” according to Savidge. “Very defiant and very outspoken, relying on his faith and defending his brother to the hilt.”

Roy Moore, who faces a December 12 US Senate election, denied the allegations in the Post report, telling the newspaper: “These allegations are completely false and are a desperate political attack by the National Democrat Party and The Washington Post on this campaign.”

Later Thursday, the candidate tweeted, “The Obama-Clinton Machine’s liberal media lapdogs just launched the most vicious and nasty round of attacks against me. We are in the midst of a spiritual battle with those who want to silence our message.”

“The forces of evil will lie, cheat, steal — even inflict physical harm — if they believe it will silence and shut up Christian conservatives like you and me,” he wrote.